Frigidaire RFIC452-SS Countertop Ice Maker
Portable counter top ice makers have become a necessity in basement bars, man caves, and she sheds everywhere. Need ice quickly? No water supply? No time to wait for ice trays that take hours? A portable ice maker is perfect for you. As with any useful gadget, there are tons of options out there. The Frigidaire RFIC452-SS Countertop Ice Maker is an excellent choice.
However, if you’re not ready to spend $150 or more on an ice maker, check out my 3 Best Ice Molds for Bourbon and Other Cocktails.
And since we’re on the topic of ice, if you’re interested in experiencing a vast variety of spirits in a new way, try Flaviar. Their selection is second to none and their easy subscription plans allow you to try all kinds without having to buy a full bottle each time.
- Fast – From empty to first ice cubes take s just fifteen minutes, with the ability to produce 40lbs per 24 hours.
- Clear Ice – Produces perfectly clear cubes that look great in your glass
- Capacity – Store up to 2.4lbs at a time in the large reservoir
- Brand – Frigidaire has been around a long time and has kept a loyal following for decades.
- Noise – Most portable ice makers are noisy, and this one is no exception. Keep it in a closet or behind a bar with some background music or other distraction and it won’t be a problem.
- Capacity…again – While this unit will keep up with a few people, it would struggle to keep ice for a larger gathering or party.
- Price – Currently around $180, this isn’t the cheapest unit, but it isn’t the most expensive either.
- Melting Time – I’m not sure if its the size of the cubes or that this unit doesn’t make them as cold as some of the others, the cubes just don’t seem to last as long.
An excellent choice for any basement bar, man cave, or she shed. The clear cubes are a huge aesthetic win, but the quicker melting cubes can be a drawback for some. 4 stars for me.
If you would like to experience any of our amazing creations, many of which are made with items reviewed on this site, check out our shop at thesillygooselife.com!
Disclaimer: This article includes affiliate links. If you use these links to make purchases, I may earn a commission.